Thursday, October 22, 2009

Done!!

Finished!!

Well... mostly :)

Last night I put the final wine label on the canvas, and gave a single coat of Mod Podge to the whole thing. And of course, while it was covered in sticky glue, Simon decided to walk on it! I grabbed him instantly, threw him and his sticky paws in the bath tub, quickly ran over and tried to smooth out the kitty prints (which was difficult because that stuff dries quickly and I didn't want it to start to pearl!), then hopped into a tub to bathe a very unhappy kitty. While I tried to cover up all the kitty prints, there may still be a little Simon mark on there if you look in the right light ;)

Anyway, "where are the pictures??" you ask. Well, it was late, and dark, and every picture I took had ridiculous glare, so I will need to take a picture when there's daylight. Which luckily I work from home tomorrow because on a normal day I leave in the dark and get home in the dark! Ohhh autumn/winter...

Also, still have another coat or two or three to do of Mod Podge, and then finally a spray of clear acrylic sealer. Don't have to do the sealer, but because I used glossy Mod Podge, it's a teensy bit tacky and this will help create a smooth shiny hard surface.

Can't wait to hang it and post pictures!

1 comment:

  1. What is your trick to removing the labels from the wine bottles? Sheila at
    psfitzgerald@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete